What Personal Information We Collect
Your Dipitr Products work in conjunction with a user account on Dipitr.com (a “User Account”).
• When you sign up for a Dipitr User Account, you are required to provide an email address (which will be used as your login ID) and to create an account password (collectively the “Registration Information”).
• If you elect to sign up for a Dipitr User Account using your Facebook credentials, you will be asked to allow Dipitr to access the basic information (including your name, profile picture, gender, networks, user ID, list of friends and other public information) and certain profile information (such as your birthday) associated with your Facebook account.
• In order to benefit fully from the Dipitr Products and Service, you can also add additional personal details to your User Account, such as height, weight, gender, mobile number, profile pic, date of birth, and age. If you are using our mobile application, these details are required as part of your registration process.
• Information sent wirelessly from your Dipitr Product to the Service is stored in your Dipitr User Account.
• Information that you add manually to the Service is stored in your Dipitr User Account.
- Information that is generated by our mobile application such as straight posture mins, slouch count, active mins, data sync time, etc.
- System information such as IP Address, browser type, location, OS type, device manufacturing info etc.
- When you elect to share data from your Dipitr User Account with others, we collect the information you provide about those individuals such as their name and email address.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Dipitr uses your personal information to:
• Provide you with the Service;
• Analyze Site usage and improve the Service;
• Deliver to you any administrative notices and communications relevant to your use of the Dipitr Products and Service;
• Provide you with updates regarding Dipitr Products and Services;
• Perform internal market research, project planning, troubleshooting problems, and to detect and protect against error, fraud or other criminal activity;
Disclosure to Third Parties
Dipitr may also share your personal information with companies and enterprises who provide services such as information processing, order fulfillment, product delivery, customer data management, customer research, analytics company, physical therapist or physical therapy service providers and the like. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever Dipitr does business. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users or if we are required to do so by any applicable law, rule, regulation, subpoena or other legal process. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Cookies and Other Technologies
The Dipitr Site and Service may use “cookies” and other technologies such as pixel tags and web beacons.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers in the form of text files that are inserted and stored by your Web browser on your computer’s hard drive. These technologies tell us which parts of our website you have visited, limit the number of times you see a Dipitr offer, or help us better determine which Dipitr offers you may like to see or to alert you to software compatibility issues. They are also used to analyze and improve our Services design and functionality.
If you choose to delete cookies from your device or block them from being stored on your device, please note that the full functionality of the Service may not be available to you.
“Web beacons” are images embedded in a Web page or email for the purpose of measuring and analyzing Site usage and activity. Dipitr, or third party service providers acting on our behalf, may use Web beacons to help us analyze Site usage and improve the Service.
Information You Elect to Share With Others
If you use a message board, blog, journal or any other method of posting user-generated content on our Site or through the Service, you should be aware that such information can be read, collected or used by others and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these areas.
Through the Service, Dipitr enables you to share fitness related information with others. You can choose not to share this with anyone else. Dipitr’s default settings for new users who signed up for a Dipitr account on or after June 1st, 2018 are as follows:
• Default Public – Basic information (e.g., profile photo, nickname, steps etc.) will be available to everyone
• Default Private – Information likely to be sensitive (e.g., activity data, slouch count, weight, history data, measurements, journal, non-profile photos, etc.) will not be available to third parties. Third parties offering products or services will not be given your personal information without your explicit permission.
Contests, Giveaways and Surveys
From time to time, Dipitr may offer you the opportunity to participate in contests, giveaways and other promotions either on this website or on social media sites. Any information submitted in connection with such activities will be treated in accordance with this Policy, except as specifically set forth in the rules for those contests, giveaways or promotions. From time to time, Dipitr may also ask you to participate in surveys designed to help Dipitr improve the Service. Any personal information provided to Dipitr in connection with any survey will be used only in relation to that survey and as elsewhere set forth in this Policy.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13. If we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personally identifying information, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Your Right to Delete Your Data
If you would like to cancel your Dipitr account you may do so by emailing our support. When you request cancellation of your account, your personally identifiable information will be deleted, including but not limited your email address, name, photo(s), friends list and links to social and partner sites such as Facebook and Twitter. Archival copies of your account information that exist within our back-up system will be deleted in accordance with our normal back-up expiration schedule. Following cancellation or termination of your account, Dipitr may continue to utilize de-identified and anonymized historical data associated with your use of the Dipitr Products.
Email Communications From Us
We may provide our registered customers with weekly summaries of their User Account data and email alerts. We also allow users to subscribe to email newsletters and from time to time may transmit emails promoting Dipitr goods or services.
Dipitr subscribers have the ability to opt-out of receiving our weekly summaries and promotional emails and to terminate their newsletter subscriptions by following the instructions provided in such emails.
Opting out in this manner will not end transmission of service-related emails, such as email alerts.
We use a combination of firewall barriers, encryption techniques and authentication procedures, among others, to maintain the security of your data and to protect Dipitr accounts and systems from unauthorized access. When you register for the Service, Dipitr requires a password from you for your privacy and security. This password is stored in an encrypted fashion on our systems.
It is important to understand that these precautions apply only to our Site and systems.
If you have a security related concern, please contact support.
Updates to this Policy
We may update this Policy periodically. The date last revised appears at the top of the Policy. Changes take effect immediately upon posting. If you have questions, comments, concerns or feedback regarding this Policy or any other privacy or security concern, send an e-mail to our support support at dipitr.com